Leonardo da Vinci once said, “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” and he was right then as much as this advice holds good, today. Life is actually pretty simple, but we insist on making it complicated. We can actually live simply by ‘simply living’. Here are a few suggestions, if you try to implement , would make your life simple :
- Give what you want to receive. If you want love, give love. If you want friends, be friendly. If you want money, provide value. Start practicing the golden rule. You get the best out of others, and every situation, when you give the best of yourself. It works and it is really this simple.
- Stop trying to be everything to everyone. Pleasing everyone is impossible but making one person smile can change their world. Cultivate close relationships with fewer people. Don’t try to be friends with everyone. Start focusing on being everything to one person (at a time). Narrow your focus and be yourself.
- Forget what everyone expects from you. One of the greatest freedoms is simply not caring what everyone else thinks about you or expects from you. Don’t just accept the safe and easy choices because you’re afraid of what others will think, or afraid of what might happen. If you do, nothing will ever happen. Don’t let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big. They aren’t. Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and what you want to be. Take risks.
- Honor your hunches. Integrity is the essence of everything successful. When you break the rules of integrity you invite serious complications into your life. Start being honest with yourself and everyone else. Don’t cheat. Stop doing immoral things. Be faithful and kind. Do the right thing; it is a less complicated way to live. Keep your life simple and enjoyable by doing what you know in your heart is right. . The best thing you can do is follow your heart.
- Learn from the past mistakes and move on. Success is not about where you are standing at any given point in time, it’s about how much you’ve learned and how far you’ve come to get there. Past mistakes teach you to create a wonderful future and should not cause you to be afraid of it. Don’t carry your mistakes around with you, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience. Never regret.
- Focus on your productivity and the important. Identify what’s most important to you. No wasted time, no fluff, no regrets. Eliminate everything as much as you possibly can. Ask yourself if what you’re working on is worth the effort. Is it taking you in the same direction as your goals? Don’t just get things done, get the right things done. Results are always more important than the time it takes to achieve them. Don’t get caught up in odd jobs, even those that seem urgent, unless they are also important.
- Understand ‘efficiency’ is different from ‘perfection’. Accept the fact that life is not perfect, neither people are perfect, nor you are perfect. That’s okay, because the real world doesn’t reward perfection- it rewards people who get things done, efficiently. Smile every chance you get; not because life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as you had anticipated, but because you choose to be happy and grateful for all the good things you have.
- Organize yourself and your space efficiently. Keeping both your living and working areas organized is crucial. Start clearing clutter. Get rid of stuff you don’t use and then organize what’s left. If you have a cluttered space, it can be distracting and stressful. A clear space is like a blank canvas, available to be used to create something great. Streamline your life by finding better ways of handling common tasks. Focus on one system at a time (your cleaning system, your errands system, your paperwork system, your email system, etc.) and try to make it simplified, efficient, and logical. Many times we live with unplanned, complex systems in our lives simply because we haven’t given them much thought. Stop being inefficient simply because it has become your habit .If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. Once you have it perfected, stick to it.
- Let go of needless drama and those who create it. Never create unnecessary drama, and don’t surround yourself with those who do. Choose friends who you are proud to know, people you admire, who love and respect you – people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it. Walk away from negative people. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you
* * *