When it comes to a tidbit of knowledge, the author is more important than the message. People give weight to certain sayings and quotes simply based on who wrote them. But what about the unknown authors of the world? are their insights any less valuable? Some of the greatest quotes I have ever read came from sources that were either unknown or obscure. It’s not who said it, it is what was said that matters.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from unknown authors.
- ‘Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future, that he does not enjoy the present moment. As a result, he does not live in the present or the future, he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never truly lived.’’
- “Spend the day appreciating every little thing that comes your way, and you’ll end the day feeling deeply grateful for your life.”
- “The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.”
- “When you start doubting yourself, remember how far you have come. Remember everything that you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.”
- “Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ’In five years, will this matter’?”
- “I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.”
- “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
- “Open-minded people do not impose their beliefs on others. They just accept all of life’s perspectives and realities, doing their own thing in peace without judging anyone.”
- “You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you’re sad, love what you’ve got, and remember what you had. Always forgive but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. People change, things go wrong, just remember, life goes on.”
- “You don’t need religion to have morals. If you can’t determine right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion.”
- “Faith makes all things possible. Hope makes all things work. Love makes all things beautiful.”
- “Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much when your lips are moving.”
- “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.”
- “Let’s choose to see what we have in common.”
- “In seeking happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.”
- “A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are for what you have.”
Readers! If you recognize any one or more of these quotes’ author(s), please make sure to point out who they are from.
* * *